All manuscripts submitted for publication undergo strict peer review process for their originality, methodology, importance, quality, ethical nature and suitability for the journal. IJSS Journal of Surgery uses a well-constructed scheme for the evaluation process. The editor-in-chief has full authority over the editorial and scientific content of the Journal and the timing of publication of the content.
The whole editorial process is as under.
- 1st technical review by the Editorial Office Assistant
- 1st review by the one of the Editors [Plagiarism Check, Immediate rejection, immediate revision or further evaluation]
- 1st review by the Section Editors (and/or Associate Editors)
- 1st review by two external reviewers
- 1st review by a Biostatistician
- 2nd technical review by the Editorial office Assistant
- 2nd evaluation by the Section Editors
- Revisions (if needed)
- 3rd review by the Editor-in-Chief [Acceptance or Rejection]
- Deliver of Acceptance Letter and Publication Charges
- Copy editing
- Proof preparation
- Final review by the Editorial Secretary/Section Editors/Editor-in-Chief
- Publication of Final Article (Online)